Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New handphone? again?

Last Saturday, I went to the Belconnen Westfield Mall..as usual, my mode of transport was my two strong legs..it took me about 12 minutes to reach there..I think I have improved a lot since I first came here..I used to take a longer route then but since I knew the shortcuts, I have saved a couple of minutes..time is precious right?

My main aim that day was to get my groceries done..and also to survey for new handphone..opss, it's not that I really wanted a new handphone since I already got two at the present moment..it's just that when you can get a good bargain, why resist it? haha..that's my philosophy for now..

I have actually surveyed through the internet some of the post-paid plans from operators like Vodafone, 3, Optus, Crazy Johns and I kinda like to get myself the Nokia E72 phone..the first shop that I went to was 3 mobile..I was asked by the shop assistant what kind of plans I would like to get; pre-paid or post-paid..and also whether I would like to get myself a new phone or just buy the SIM card..without hesitation, I told him that I would like to get Nokia E72 on a post-paid plan..apparently he said that the model is out of stock at the moment and he suggested me other phones like BlackBerry, Sony Ericsson and a few others..I browsed through the phones and I kinda like the BlackBerry..he told me that to get the BB phone, I have to pay $49 for 24 months contract plus $10 upfront..what he meant was I have to pay in total $59 every month to get the phone and the plan..I said to him that I have to decide first and will come back later..actually I wanted to survey other shops as I have put up a budget and monthly, I don't want to spend more than $49 for phone calls..

My next target was Vodafone..as I have aimed for the BB phone, when the shop assistant asked what I would like to get that day, without hesitation, I told her I wanted to get BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone..she told me the minimum plan was $49 a month with value of $450 worth of national and international calls as well as text and mms, with $0 upfront..meaning that I just have to pay $49 a month for 24 months and I will be getting the phone and the value of $450 a month..PLUS, this was the interesting part..I get 500MB of data and unlimited BlackBerry Internet Service as well as unlimited national calls from Vodafone to Vodafone and Vodafone to 3 users..how cool was that!!

So, without wasting any more time, she started the credit check process..(here in OZ, before you can purchase anything, a credit check will be preformed..you got to have the passport ready along with the student ID, bank statement with current address on it, bank card and others before you are qualified to purchase it)..as I am a current Vodafone customer for broadband, the credit check process was smooth and I had no problems getting a new phone..yeay!! alhamdulillah..the BlackBerry Bold 9700 is now mine..

I have tried using my BB for Internet services such as Google maps, checking yahoo mail, facebook and many other stuffs and it worked perfectly..however, I had trouble adjusting with the trackpad and also the qwerty keyboard when I first used it but I no longer have the problem now..I can easily get notifications when I got a new mail and I can check it through my phone without having to open my laptop..even I commented and wrote on fb walls through my BB..how convenient that is..

well, I really loike my BB now..how unfortunate my Experia X1 now as I have abandoned it for quite some time since I came to OZ..I am thinking of trading in that phone when I go back to Malaysia for my holidays in December..hmm, not sure yet..but I might trade in and get something else..there are some problems with the software that it keeps on hanging all the time..and also the qwerty keyboard..

p/s: I loike my BB..

2 comments: